Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Balmy Night on the Balcony











The most beautiful moments always seemed to accelerate and slip beyond one’s grasp just when you want to hold onto them for as long as possible.” 
~ E. A. Bucchianeri,
 
from  brushstrokes of a gadfly.•

´♥¨`*•ˆ) ~  Back at the Condo in Orange Beach, Alabama. Stress rolls from my temples, over my shoulders and down my neck. The drive through Loxley, Alabama is like a portal between 2 worlds. 
Past the farmers stands with Sunset colored Alabama Peaches, Silver King Corn wrapped in Silk to the roadside boiled peanut stands mixed with blank farmer’s fields and a feeling of “coming back”.
Not home.
But that “I’ve passed this way before” feeling overcomes and warms me.
 A balmy breeze glides by the hairs on the back of my neck. Deep breaths between contented sighs.
The rain sheens from across the Back Bay where they are under a deluge of wet.   
Hear dampness whispering “You are blessed. You are blessed”.
Peace and antipasta on the balcony

No comments:

Post a Comment